Jul 13, 2012

Sweltering Heat/Dreaming of the Chill

I am not a heat lovin' kind of girl. I prefer a nice cool breeze and a temperature of about 22*C. I am a Canadian after all...you know polar bears and igloos and all.
We aren't known for our heat waves and tropical climate. We experience these heat waves only a few times in the summer thankfully, but as I get older it seems harder to take. I hate having days on end that I don't get anything done cause I feel like I am melting. Dripping sweat is not a pleasant feeling. I get grouchy quite frankly. Wouldn't you?
Yet in the middle this little heat wave that we are experiencing, I hear people telling me to suck it up and enjoy it. Honestly, I wonder why these people have not yet moved on to more tropical places if they enjoy this sort of weather. But don't worry. I get to return the favour when they start to whine about the cold temps in the winter. Canada is known to get a little cold in our near record breaking long winters.
So don't you worry people.
I'll be waiting.
We are Canadian after all.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dana. Looks like I am figuring out this blogging app after all. You inspired me.

    ReplyDelete