May 26, 2012

The Aftermath

The Aftermath
And finally birthday parties are done for another year. Whew!
Such stress I put myself through.
Big plans, Big ideas...Big Stress
I always make things harder for myself.
I have a long list of things that I tell myself I need to get done and then freak out 
at the last minute when I can't get it all done.
Please tell me I am not alone.
Half the battle I find is getting the house neat for guests. 
I am a lousy housekeeper.
There, I admit it.
And a perfectionist to boot...what a bad combo.

Todays tea party went off pretty well. My daughter was happy and her friends seem to have enjoyed themselves. We had four of my daughters friends over today. Various ages and personalities, an interesting mix indeed.
I am now sitting back enjoying a glass of wine and smiling cause I know 
I don't have to think about another till next year.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I didn't know which profile was correct so I picked Anonymous lol.

    You are not alone my friend. I do the same thing. Always wanting things to look great, so people can enjoy it. Personally, I have the Martha Stewart bug and love the feeling of creating things beautifully. It is satisfying, yet stress does attach itself to my high expectations. At the end, it always seems to work itself out. I was impress with the gift bag. Love the tea cup and accessories, well thought out. Jasmine had a great time. When I walked to your door she was in the window with a frown face. I thought oh oh, she is sad about something. When I asked her why, she said she didn't want to leave....ah, a good time indeed. Thanks Jen! Great post. Susan

    ReplyDelete