Jul 15, 2012

Margarita Popsicles = Pintastic!

Saw these on Pinterest, and with the nasty heat thought it was a good time to try.

May I present to you Margarita Popsicles....Oh so good.

 The pin lead me to the For Ladies By Ladies Blog.
I changed it up a little. 

Margarita Popsicles (original recipe here)  

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
2 Tbs fresh orange juice ( I omitted cause I didn't have any)
2 Tbs Tequila
2 Tbs Grand Marnier
Kosher Salt
Combine Sugar, lime juice, water, lemon juice and orange juice in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. (NOTE: I just put everything into a bowl and stirred till sugar dissolved...hubby was using the stove top) Once cool transfer to a blender with tequila, Grand Marnier, and lime wedge and process until smooth. (this is why theirs looks so green, I am assuming. I didn't blend, rather I zested the lime into the liquid and stirred. Turned out fantastic!)
Pour into cups or molds and insert sticks. Freeze till hard. Garnish with kosher salt and enjoy!

Hubbies response.....You could make those again.
And I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment